Top Seven Plant Oils (Liquid Gold) and Their Benefits
The primary prescription for any imbalance---physical, mental, emotional or spiritual is massaging the body with oil as this activates the lymph tissues, eliminates toxic build-up, lubricates joints and smooths muscles. In addition the mind is calmed and the entire body is brought back into balance. Throughout ancient cultures, people turned to natural oils to preserve vitality and beauty, while also supporting the total health of their bodies by keeping all aspects of their health in balance. The ancient Greeks considered olive oil sacred and they anointed themselves with it to protect against the sun and mixed it into facial masks to clear complexions. Women applied oil after bathing as a moisturizer and cleanser. So, what are some of these "golden serums" and how can you benefit by incorporating them into your daily routine? The following information will shed some light on why essential plant oils are so important to overall health and beauty:
- Sesame oil: Antiviral, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, moisturizer, emollient, purifying.
- Olive Oil: Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, moisturizing, antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal.
- Sunflower oil: Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, regenerative.
- Safflower: anti-inflammatory, moisturizing, cleansing.
- Mustard Seed: Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal, purifying, lightening.
- Almond: Moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, lightening
- Coconut: Anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, cleansing.